Fabric scraps and yarn play

I've been sewing fabric scraps again. Japanese fabrics mainly. Here's a picture of my design wall today...
Each block is a 4''x4'' square. The idea is to make a quilt for the sofa. Yes, I need to make many more blocks, but I'm going slowly... One hour of Japanese, 15 minutes of sewing, one hour of Japanese, etc..

During the summer, I started crocheting a ripple blanket, inspired by the lovely Lucy at Attic24. (Please have a look at her beautiful blog!)
I just wanted to finish up all my yarn leftovers, but of course I ended up buying some new yarn...
And now, I've got more leftovers, so I've been making these little granny squares...
I don't know yet what I'll do with them. Maybe a little blanket for my GD's doll.

Next are a few pictures of my GD's first try at counted-thread embroidery. First, she did straight stitches...
Then, half stitches...
I think she's almost ready for cross stitch.