Back from Birmingham

I am back home again from our trip to Birmingham. The Festival of Quilts was fabulous with so many beautiful pieces of work. It just gets better every year.

The judging session began at 8:30 am before the show opened. Although it was a little daunting it was fine in the end. It was nice meeting up with my fellow students again, especially Fiona who always keeps me calm, thanks Fiona you are a star. All that remains is to write up Module 6 and I'm finished! That sounds easy enough doesn't it? Well it won't be that easy but the sooner I get started the better.

We didn't spend all of our time at the show we had a trip into Birmingham and look what we found. We were browsing in Selfridges and saw these cups and saucers and gorgeous spoons - Norman chose the geometric one and I chose the floral one. Something a little bit different.

I did buy a couple of books at the show, I was very good I didn't buy anything else. Master Art Quilts I bought at the show and Art Quilts - A Celebration I found when browsing a book store in Oxford.
I also found the 5th European Art Quilts book which keeps my collection up-to-date.

We had a lovely day in Oxford and took some lovely photographs. The weather was glorious that day which was a bonus.

We also had a trip to Birmingham railway museum in Tiseley where Norman managed to get pictures of a train he is about to build.

We went out yesterday and bought a Wii. What fun we have been having, it's fabulous and the graphics are superb. We have set it up in the conservatory so we had to buy a new TV for it - a 22" Samsung which is fabulous. Sadly not enough hours in the day to get into the studio but I will have to get organised for my classes starting. Most of my samples are done I just need to write up instructions. The next couple of weeks will be busy.

Thanks for dropping by.