Focus

This is the quilt I made for the Twelve by Twelve Orange Colorplay challenge.

Its starting point was a picture I took in Holland a few years ago. I was walking on a seawall path with fields on the left side and water on the right side. I liked how all the lines seem to converge.

This is why I named my quilt "Focus".

Focus is something I've been missing in the past months (years?). Too many interests, not enough time. I know I'm not alone here.

Here are some details shots of my quilt...


As usual, I hand-dyed all the fabrics.

Of course there were no mountains in my picture. There were trees instead, and the fields were not orange but green.


By the way, you might know that orange is the symbolic color of Netherlands because of its royal family Orange-Nassau.

And just for the anecdote, the Dutch orange color is often a bad omen for the Belgian soccer fans because the Dutch team usually beats ours. ;-)



To see all the other Orange quilts, please visit our Twelve by Twelve blog.