Whitework and colourful quilting

It's been cold here, very cold.
Yesterday we finally got our first real snow of the year. And this morning, I took a few pictures through the window...
Spider whitework... very pretty...
a close-up...
Back to my "Metamorphosis" quilt for the new Twelve by Twelve challenge...
I must say that my project had to undergo several major metamorphoses in the course of the last days!
The idea of transforming the dandelion quilt into a lotus quilt was rather nice but I had to admit that it wasn't working at all. So, I decided to change gears and direction.
I finished piecing the quilt top yesterday.
Here are some fabric leftovers...

A little peek at the quilt...
and another one...
I've just started with the quilting. I had to go out to buy some green thread. I walked to the shop... Brrrrr....