What am I learning new for 2013?

Well I decided to take an online crochet class with Ali. 

I tried many many moons ago to crochet and I never got past the chain, I could never do it!

Well I started my crochet class yesterday, watched two videos and here are the results:

 This was my first piece of double crochet.  So surprised I ever got it started.  Plenty of mistakes but I think it's ok for a first attempt.

 This morning I tried double crochet again and this is the result.  At least the edges are looking straight!

 Today's new lesson was trebles.  I thought I would start with a couple of rows of double crochet and then try the trebles.  I am still not sure what to do with the edges but I guess that will just take a bit more time to learn.

Had the kitchen floor to clean today whilst Norman is away running his train at the Easter running day.   It is a great time to catch up on house things.  With a bit of playing in between.

I am still working away on my lace making.  The latest sample is square tallies.  Well what a laugh they are. Not a square one in sight.   After some advice from the Facebook bobbin lace group I did manage to make one that was square.  

Onwards and upwards.