Focus on orange

I'm still here... just have been busy, among other things, with this new obsession called orange... At first, I wanted to do something based on my pictures of California poppies. I tried several ideas but wasn't really happy with any of them.
So, finally, I gave up and decided to choose another source of inspiration. I went back to the drawing board and quickly found a more satisfying design.

I then started cutting, bonding fabric, stitching, quilting...
And I'm glad to say my orange piece is done. Now, I'm just waiting for the sky to clear up to be able to take some decent pictures of my quilt.
In the meantime, I've been cleaning up my studio, and also playing with another little weaving.

The colours are brighter in real life, but I can't take a better picture at the moment.
Where is our summer?