Of this and that

We had some really nice weather for a week or two. There was a lot to do in the garden, and I spent most of my time outside, mowing the lawn, weeding, and planting summer flowers...
and, from time to time, reading and sewing...
I got a little tired of all that pink fabric and I started to use more green and blue scraps.
I've got about 25 blocks like these. I need at least 10 more.
Now the weather is not as nice anymore. It's much too cold and windy to sew outside.
I'm back in the studio, working on my quilt and on a new shirt, and also thinking about the new Twelve by Twelve challenge: "Mythology". I have already selected a few inspirational pictures but I don't really know yet what I'm going to do for this theme.

And this makes me think that I still have lots of pictures to show you of my last trip to Japan.
This is Miyama, a small village in the mountains North of Kyoto...