I started dyeing grey fabric before really knowing what I wanted to do for this challenge. I got a few nice fabric pieces, especially this one that I thought would be perfect, except that it was much larger than 12x12. I thus had to decide which part of the piece I wanted to select for my grey quilt. (It wasn't the easiest part of the process!)
Then I thought it needed a little more contrast and I added a 3 inch band of darker grey on one side.
I machine quilted the whole piece with straight lines, trying to emphasize the movement I could see in the fabric.
Next came embroidery time! I had picked yellow and green threads for this because I wanted to take inspiration from this picture. But after several attempts, I had to admit that I couldn't find a green that would show well on both fabrics. I turned to a variegated red-pink-orange thread that did work much better.
I'm rather pleased with the result. (It looks better and brighter in real life.)
Here are two detail shots of the quilt.

And don't forget that you can see the quilts of the other Twelves on our blog.